Summer Enrichment Opportunities
Summer 2021 Camp Offerings
South Lake Schools is planning on providing summer camps for students to provide enrichment and prevent learning loss. There will be two sessions of camp offered to families:
Session A - June 28 - July 23
Session B - July 26 - August 20
- KinderConnect - Students entering Kindergarten
- First Fundamentals - Students entering 1st grade
- STEM & Literacy Camp - Students entering 2nd - 4th grades
- Summer Scholars Camp - Students entering 2nd - 5th grades
- Math Mindset Camp - Students entering 6th - 8th grades
Families may also choose to have their student(s) attend both sessions of any camp as the content will be different for each session.
Students will be provide with breakfast prior to the beginning of camp and lunch at the end of camp each day.
Families can register their student(s) for any of the camps below by completing the online enrollment forms for each specific camp. Please click on the links to the right for more information about each camp.
The following protocols will be followed by all students and staff during the summer camps running at Elmwood Elementary School during the summer of 2021.
- All students will have a designated entrance by classroom to avoid large crowds of students and parents during drop-off and pick-up. (See map below)
- South Lake Schools will follow all guidance from the CDC and MI-OSHA which currently requires any person that has not been fully vaccinated wear a facial covering.
- All students will report to their classroom with their teacher and remain in that classroom for breakfast, the instructional program, and lunch. Students from different classrooms will not be exposed to each other.
- Only 2 classrooms will be on the playground at one time.
- If a child is exposed to COVID-19, parents are to keep the child home and immediately report the exposure to the school at (586) 435-1100.