Budget and Salary/Compensation Transparency Reporting
You are now visiting a new section of our website devoted to school finance and budget information. This area is part of our commitment to providing the community with information regarding our district and to comply with the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) Guidelines for Budget and Salary Compensation Transparency Reporting. South Lake Schools is a K-12 district located in Macomb County in Southeast Michigan. It is bordered by the shores of Lake St. Clair, Grosse Pointe and East Detroit. The school district encompasses an area of approximately 4.15 square miles. The district is comprised of portions of the City of Eastpointe, the city of St. Clair Shores and the Village of Grosse Pointe Shores. Existing schools facilities include three elementary schools, one middle school, one high school and an athletic complex. The school district consists of well-established residential areas and a stable commercial base. We are proud of our fiscal commitment to provide the highest quality programs in our schools. We offer our students a world class education at every level. Our students enjoy a challenging curriculum, including the only International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme in Macomb County, Dual College Enrollment with Macomb Community College, secondary Global and International education classes, an award-winning high school band, and Culinary Arts and Auto Technology programs. We also have comprehensive athletic programs for both middle and high school students. The support of our school community via our 2014 Bond Proposal, will provide our students with new wireless technology in every building, new athletic facilities and many other infra-structure upgrades. South Lake Schools is a place where every child has taken the right step toward their future success! If you have any questions related to this site or the information provided please contact our Business Office at 586-435-1660 or the Superintendent at 586-435-1602. ____________________________________________ INTRODUCTION Section 18 (2) of the Public Act 94 of 1979, The State School Aid Act, has been amended, which requires each school district and intermediate school district to post certain information on its website within 30 days after a board adopts it annual operating budget or any subsequent revision to that budget. The Annual Budget & Transparency Reporting is an opportunity to communicate our community on how we utilize the resources that are provided to us. The following information is required to be posted on our website:
1. The annual operating budget and subsequent budget revisions. 2. Using data that has already been collected and submitted to the Michigan Department of Education (MDE), a summary of district or intermediate district expenditures for the most recent fiscal year for which they are available, expressed in the following two (2) pie charts which were provided for the general fund of the district or intermediate district by the Center for Educational Performance and Information (CEPI):
(a) A chart of personnel expenditures broken down into the following subcategories:
(1) Salaries and Wages
(2) Employee benefit: including, but not limited to, medical, premier pharmacy, dental, vision, life, disability, and long term care benefits
(3) FICA/Retirement/Unemployment/Workers Compensation
(4) Other Employee Benefits
(5) Purchased Services/Supplies/Capital Outlay/Other Expenses
(b) A chart of all operating expenditures, broken into the following subcategories:
(1) Classroom Instruction
(2) Pupil and Instructional Staff Support
(3) Business and Administration
(4) Operations, Maintenance, and Facilities
(6) Other Support
3. Links to all of the following:
(a) The current collective bargaining agreement for each bargaining unit
(b) Each health care benefits plan, including, but not limited to, medical, premier pharmacy, dental, vision, disability, long-term care, or any other type of benefits that would constitute health care services, offered to any bargaining unit or employee in the district
(c) Audited Financial Statements
(d) Medical Benefit Plan Benefit Bid
(e) The district’s written policy governing procurement of supplies, materials, and equipment.
(f) The district’s written policy establishing specific categories of reimbursable expenses.
(g) A statement of the total amount of expenses incurred by board members or employees of the district that were reimbursed by the district.
4. The total salary and a description and cost of each fringe benefit included in the compensation package for the superintendent of the district or intermediate district and for each employee of the district whose salary exceeds $100,000.
5. The annual amount spent on dues paid to associations
6. The annual amount spent on lobbying services
7. The Enhanced Deficit Elimination Plan most recently approved by the Michigan Department of Treasury.
Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Budget Resolutions -
Section 3a – Listing of the Current Collective Bargaining Agreements, 3b -Employer Sponsored Health Care Plans, 3c – Audited Financial Statements, 3d – Medical Benefit Plan Bids
Section 3a – Current Collective Bargaining Agreements
Section 3e – District’s written policy governing procurement of supplies, materials, and equipment.
Section 3g – The total amount reimbursed by South Lake Schools to the staff and Board is $26,814.03. 57% of the reimbursements were funded through fund raising activities or grants.
Section 4 – Employee Compensation Information Salary of Superintendent and Employees with Salary Exceeding $100,000
Section 6 – District Paid Lobbying Costs List of Qualifying Expenditures – There were no lobbying related expenses for the period of July 1 through June 30.
Section 7 – On August 19, 2015, the South Lake Board of Education approved the Deficit Elimination Plan, which was then sent to The Michigan Department of Education for approval. Beginning with the 2018-2019 school year, South Lake Schools' is under The Department of Treasury and will be filing an Enhanced Deficit Elimination Plan. The link below is the South Lake Schools’ Enhanced Deficit Elimination Plan.
Section 8 – District Credit Card Information
Section 9 – Travel
- There was no out of state travel to report.