Welcome to the South Lakes Schools Transportation Web Page. We provide transportation service to nearly 500 students. These students attend general education, special education and non-public programs in 12 schools located both within and outside the South Lake Schools boundary. We are also responsible for transportation services to more than 1000 field trips and athletic trips each year.
The mission of the transportation department is to provide the safest and most efficient transportation we can for our students. We have a staff of professionally trained and certified school bus drivers who use the utmost care in bringing our students to and from school each day. Our administrative and office staffs strive to provide prompt and courteous services to every student who rides a bus.
Other responsibilities of the transportation department include notifying the news media regarding school closings, scheduling field trips throughout the District, transporting students involved in athletic events, maintaining our bus fleet, training individuals and new bus drivers for the District, and re-certifying our present drivers.
- Parent and Student Perspective Please take a moment to read the attached letters from the parents of a sixth grade student at South Lake Middle School and a recent graduate of South Lake High School. Both asked that this be shared with our school community. Parent Letter Student Letter Read more
- South Lake Schools Now Enrolling Resident Students South Lake Schools is currently enrolling new resident students for the 2016-17 school year. Enrollment packets can be accessed by clicking the “Enroll Today!” button above. Read more
Please be reminded of the following regarding inclement weather days:
- When Chippewa Valley Schools are open, the IAM will be open and students are expected to attend
- If the transporting and/or home district is closed, there will be no transportation services available to IAM students by that district
- When Chippewa Valley Schools close due to weather the IAM is closed