The mission of South Lake Schools Special Services Department is to prepare each child in our schools to reach his/her potential. This goal is met through classes and support services, offering the necessary academic and emotional assistance enabling each child to be an independent, productive citizen.
- Child Find
Child Find is an array of comprehensive activities available through South Lake
Schools and/or Macomb Intermediate School District, that identifies resident
children, ages birth to twenty-six years who may be in need of special education
services. Child Find offers evaluations to determine whether a child has an impairment. Following the evaluation, eligible children are referred to appropriate programs and services. If you feel your child needs special education services or if you have any questions, please call Ms. Martha Kliebert 586-435-1610
In addition to South Lake’s K-12 programs, the following services are also available when deemed appropriate through an Individual Education Plan (IEP):
- Early Child Special Education Program housed at Koepsell Education Center
- Pre-school speech and language services at Koepsell Education Center
- Macomb Intermediate School District center programs
Information available through building counselors/social workers or special services office
- 504 Policy
The District shall not discriminate against any student having a disability, a record of having had a disability, or who is otherwise regarded as having a disability. The District shall also, as required by law, attempt to locate an
d identify each student within the District’s jurisdiction who may be an eligible student under Section 504. The District shall evaluate each student identified under Section 504 and provide each eligible student with a FAPE as defined by law.
The District also shall not discriminate against persons based upon any other legally protected characteristic. Other District publications and policy documents should be consulted to obtain details of those prohibitions, and the means by which an internal complaint or grievance concerning any type of discrimination may be filed.
- Macomb Intermediate School District (MISD) Special Education
- Macomb Intermediate School District (MISD) – Parent Services
- Special Services – Personnel Roster
Director of Special Education
- Parent and Student Perspective Please take a moment to read the attached letters from the parents of a sixth grade student at South Lake Middle School and a recent graduate of South Lake High School. Both asked that this be shared with our school community. Parent Letter Student Letter Read more
- South Lake Schools Now Enrolling Resident Students South Lake Schools is currently enrolling new resident students for the 2016-17 school year. Enrollment packets can be accessed by clicking the “Enroll Today!” button above. Read more