South Lake Schools is committed to being a leader of excellence.
South Lake Schools’ vision is to create a school district committed to working together with the community in a positive environment to prepare all learners for the future.
- All decision making must be based on what is best for children academically, socially, physically, and emotionally.
- South Lake Schools is a community of learners and all members of the community have a right to succeed.
- High expectations lead to high achievement.
- Attitude is more important than ability.
- All members of the South Lake community are mutually accountable.
- The diversity of our learning community is valued as a positive reflection of global society.
- Teaching how to access information and how to examine information critically is more important than teaching specific factual knowledge.
Strengthen educational excellence for all students through programming that promotes real-world learning experiences.
South Lake Schools will promote innovative teaching practice to enhance student learning.
- South Lake Schools will provide ongoing early intervention to strengthen social and academic skills.
- South Lake Schools will increase the development of global education and world language programs to build global competency.
- South Lake Schools will expand extra-curricular offerings to build and strengthen connections among students, school, and community.
- South Lake Schools will explore alternate pre-school programming.
- South Lake Schools will investigate and consider alternative calendar and schedule models (i.e. extended day, extended year, Saturday school) to raise student achievement.
Foster positive school, family, and community relationships.
- South Lake Schools will intensify positive public relations and communication.
- South Lake Schools will develop marketing strategies to inform the public of our successes.
Eliminate student achievement gaps related to socioeconomic status, gender, race and/or disability.
- Construct relationships to improve student learning.
- Form partnerships with organizations focused on addressing issues of equity.
Ensure educational excellence by continually evaluating the operations and maintenance of all schools and district property.
- South Lake Schools will establish a communication plan for bond projects and related information.
Take required action to preserve fiscal integrity while maintaining district programs for students.
- South Lake Schools will further explore cost saving initiatives.
- South Lake Schools will research systems and procedures to track and control inventory.